Fish is an easy, light option for a lover’s dinner. You can throw it in the oven, it doesn’t stink up the house, and it digests easily. Get the freshest, most beautiful fish you can find and a handful of herbs and you’ve got a beautiful presentation straight out of the oven. Done. Now it’s time for love…..
Ingredients (serves 2)
- A generous drizzle of best quality olive oil
- 5 fresh springs of thyme
- A 13- to 14-ounce branzino (loup de mer) or striped bass, scaled, gutted and cleaned
- 5 fresh marjoram sprigs
- 4 thin lemon slices, halved
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Fleur de sel
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
Sprinkle fish inside and out with salt and pepper. Stuff with herbs and lemon slices. Arrange in 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish.Pour in wine, 1/4 cup water, and lemon juice.Drizzle with 1 1/2 tablespoons oil.
- Roast fish 35 minutes until fish is just opaque in center. Sprinkle with fleur de sel.
Serve with on a beautiful platter and sprinkle a bit more fresh herbs and lemon on top for color.
This pairs perfectly with roast potatoes and a simple salad for a beautiful, light meal. xxx, Leah