This is my substitute for morning coffee. It is a slightly spicy Mayan Reishi Cappucino — a healthful, energizing elixir that actually has the dark roasted notes of coffee and is scrumptious, nutritious, and satisfying. With the pinch of added cayenne pepper, it tastes like a Mexican Hot Chocolate.
Reishi mushrooms have been used for medicinal purposes for at least 2,000 years, mostly within Traditional Chinese Medicine. The mushrooms were known to the ancients as “the mushroom of immortality”— they are known to promote longevity, boost the immune system, and reduce the risk of life-shortening conditions such as cardiovascular disease and cancer. Combined with antioxidant Chaga mushroom and energizing raw cacao (natural chocolate), cinnamon and a hint of creamy sweetness from the coconut butter, this is an incredible way to start your day.
Ingredients (two servings):
- 2 Mayan cocoa tea bags well steeped in 3 1/2 cups hot water (you can substitute any type of dark flavored tea you like — chai, rooibos, chocolate mate — A mushroom based tea would be amazing & potency boosting)
- 2 scoops of Moon Pantry Deep Chocolate Protein BUY HERE
- 2 tsp Moon Pantry Chaga powder BUY HERE
- 1 tsp Moon Pantry Reishi powder BUY HERE
- 1 tbsp of raw cacao powder
- 1 heaping tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp coconut butter
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 8 drops of chocolate stevia
Put hot tea and all ingredients into blender and blend in high until frothy; about 1 minute. Inhale, drink and feel alive!
Blend with love.